The Dallas Cowboys don’t have a game this week, so the bye has given other non-traditional news stories a chance to surface. From big bills to minor injuries, the Cowboys are staying in the headlines this week.
Here are five things to know today:
1. Erick Dickerson is welcoming the challenge from Ezekiell Elliott. In fact, he’s keeping close tabs on the rookie running back.
2. It’s the bye week for Dallas, so why not drop more than $55,000 at a restaurant?
3. In on the field news, David Irving has been honored for his performance in the Cowboys win against the Green Bay Packers.
4. Dez Bryant is dealing with another (minor) injury. But this one was unfortunately self inflicted.
5. While other members of the Cowboys are living large on their bye week, Dak Prescott is turning down endorsement deals and late-night television appearances for some family time.
Other Cowboys news from around the internet
- Should the Cowboys be worried about Elliott’s work load?
- Could Tony Romo’s contract have an impact on the looming quarterback decision?
Other news from around the NFC East
- The New York Giants are taking a different preparation approach to London.
- The Philadelphia Eagles will meet a familiar face this week against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Kirk Cousins is surprised, but embracing his success with the Washington Redskins.