Injuries haven’t hurt Dez Bryant or Tony Romo’s selling power.
The NFL Players Association’s Top 50 Player Sales list features four Cowboys among the top 11 players and is topped by Dez Bryant.
According to the NFLPA’s release, more than 81,000 items featuring Dez were sold in their second quarter of this year giving him the top spot on this list.
Bryant edged out New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for the top spot. It was the first time a non-quarterback grabbed the top spot in merchandise sales among players.
Romo was No. 6 on the list, while tight end Jason Witten was No. 10. Ezekiell Elliott was No. 11 on the list.
It will be interesting to see how Romo’s merchandise sales are impacted by the Dak Prescott factor.
Elliott’s rise on the list is probably a nod to to both Cowboys and Ohio State fandom.
Elliott (Ohio State) jumped to No. 1 in collegiate co-branded sales, dethroning Brady (Michigan). Three Ohio State players who participated in the 2016 NFLPA Rookie Premiere topped the charts in collegiate co-branded sales. Elliott was joined by former teammates Braxton Miller (No. 2) and Cardale Jones (No. 3).
The full top-15 list can be seen here:
Top 50 Player Sales Report YTD (June 1 – August 31, 2016)
1. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
3. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
4. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
5. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
6. Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys
7. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
8. Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
9. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
10. Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
11. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
12. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
13. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
14. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
15. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams