The Denver Broncos and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders have struck a deal.
Sanders and the Broncos agreed on a new three-year contract extension.
Denver general manager John Elway posted the news on social media.
Excited to announce we've agreed to a 3-year extension with WR Emmanuel Sanders. He plays with intensity & we love the way he competes!
— John Elway (@johnelway) September 7, 2016
The speedy receiver’s extension is worth $33 million, according to NFL.com.
Since joining the Broncos in 2014 the receiver has fit in nicely with Demaryius Thomas. Sanders and Thomas are just the second pair of Bronco receivers to post a 100-catch, 1,000-yard season. Since 2014 the duo ranks first in the NFL in targets (639), receptions (393) and reception yards (5,462), per NFL.com.
Sanders has posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in Denver. Over the last two years he has compiled 2,539 receiving yards to go with 15 touchdowns.
The Broncos now have both Sanders and Thomas for the foreseeable future.
Sanders and the Broncos had been discussing a contract extension for a while. The wideout said during the offseason that he wanted to get a deal done to extend his career in Denver.
“The city of Denver has been really good to me,” Sanders said in April. “I want to be a Bronco. I want to be a Bronco for a long time. I want to retire a Bronco. Hopefully everything works out. I’m sure both sides will come to something.”
Wednesday’s news made it all come into fruition for the receiver.
The wideout’s new deal will now keep him in Denver through the 2019 season.